I write marketing content in the form of features, advertorials, B2B magazine articles, brochures, presentations and online guides for a huge range of clients, including Skyscanner, Editions Financial, IBM, Medtronic and Tesco Bank. I’m extremely versatile, covering everything from banks to luxury spas, but I specialise in travel, technology and video games.
I have been writing travel features and guides for Skyscanner on a freelance basis since 2014, and I work across both the Irish and UK websites. I also write sponsored content and flight-deal round-ups, as well as rejigging old articles for better SEO and impact. Below is a selection of some of my articles: you can see a full list of my Skyscanner UK articles here, and all of my Skyscanner Ireland articles here.
- Escape from LA – the best day trips from Los Angeles
- LA neighbourhoods explained
- The best cheap eats in Los Angeles
- Flight deals to Los Angeles with Air New Zealand
- Getting the most for your money in Norway
- 10 reasons why Norway’s fjords should be next on your travel list
- Everything you need to know about how to see the northern lights in Norway
- Looking for ideas for a weekend getaway? Head to Stavanger or Bergen for some fun in the fjords…
- Travel to Asia in comfort with these Lufthansa deals
- Make your dream African adventure a reality with these Lufthansa deals
- Discover Asia: these 12 luxury resorts will make you want to book a flight right now
- How to holiday in New York on a budget
- New flight routes of the month: October
- 10 of the best 5-star hotels in Ireland
- Top 10 autumn events in Europe for under €550
- The best times to visit Las Vegas
- All you need to know about Air Passenger Duty
- The 10 best family city breaks in Europe
- From Goa to the Norwegian fjords: 14 adventurous trips you can book with TUI
I have written brochures, features, online guides and social media posts for various clients of Editions Financial, a content marketing firm for financial brands. I have worked on briefs for major clients including LinkedIn, Lloyds Bank and Lex Autolease – two of my Lex Autolease pieces are below.
- Lex Autolease: Improving fleet performance and driver safety
- Lex Autolease: Keeping fleet drivers safe
I was commissioned to write several articles for the Tools and Guides section of the Tesco Bank website. Below are links to a few of these guides.
- Questions to ask when buying a house
- Buying insurance for your home: what you need to know
- Home-buying jargon buster
- Stamp duty explained
I interviewed Louis Guelette, CEO of BO Partner, for the quarterly IBM Inspire Beyond Today’s Technology magazine, which is a B2B publication distributed to IT businesses in Belgium and the Netherlands. I also contributed an article on the future of cloud computing.
I wrote an advertorial for Kotaku UK that was commissioned by the Victoria and Albert Museum in London to promote the exhibition Videogames: Design/Play/Disrupt.
I was commissioned by the vacation-rental company TravelNest to write and update the FAQs for their website.
I have written innovation articles for Medtronic, one of the world’s largest medical-device companies, to highlight new developments in the field. These involve interviewing scientists about their cutting-edge developments, such as tiny, implantable heart pumps.
- A new device to repair the ‘heart strings’
- A glove that could predict the onset of Parkinson’s disease
- An implantable electrode to stifle the side effects of stroke
- A tiny pump that can keep blood flowing after a heart attack
I researched and wrote a PowerPoint presentation on Mexico for Resense Spas, a company that creates bespoke luxury spas for five-star hotels around the world. The presentation was for a prospective client, and it gave an overview of the country along with its bathing and wellbeing traditions.
I wrote two case-study articles for Bouncepad, which manufactures iPad holders for shops and exhibitions. The two articles were focused on the use of tablet holders by Virgin Holidays and Virgin Media.
- Bye-bye to brochures: here comes the Virgin Holiday Laboratory
- Virgin Media’s experience-led store design proves there’s no place like home
Inspire IT Services
I wrote a blog post for Inspire, a web design and IT company in Scotland. The post is about keeping up to date with website design and protocols to ensure that your site is secure and attractive to customers.
UV-C Light Products
I wrote and edited much of the website content for UV-C Light Products, a manufacturer of UV-based cleaning tools.